Space Heater Safety and Home Fire Prevention
Space heaters can keep you warm during the colder months, but you have use them properly.
As the weather gets colder, many people turn to space heaters to keep warm. However, space heaters can be dangerous if not used properly. Here are some safety tips to help prevent fires:
- Never leave a space heater unattended. This is the most important safety tip. When you leave a space heater unattended, it can easily overheat and start a fire.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from a space heater. This includes furniture, bedding, curtains, and anything else that is flammable.
- Do not use a space heater in a bathroom or near water. Water and electricity do not mix, and using a space heater in a bathroom or near water is a recipe for disaster.
- Do not use an extension cord with a space heater. Extension cords can overheat and start a fire. Instead, plug the space heater directly into an outlet.
- Inspect your space heater regularly for damage. If the cord is frayed, the plug is loose, or the heater is otherwise damaged, do not use it.
- Turn off the space heater when you leave the room or go to sleep. This is especially important if you have children or pets.
By following these safety tips, you can help prevent space heater fires.
In addition to space heater safety, there are other things you can do to prevent home fires. Here are a few tips:
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and outside all sleeping areas. Test your smoke alarms monthly and replace the batteries every year.
- Have your heating system inspected and cleaned annually by a qualified professional. This will help prevent fires and other problems.
- Be careful when using candles. Never leave a burning candle unattended and always keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Be aware of the dangers of cooking fires. Never leave food unattended while it is cooking and always keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case of an emergency.
By following these safety tips, you can help keep your home safe from fires.
Deep Cleaning Services For Your Commercial Business
SERVPRO offers a variety of commercial deep cleaning services.
SERVPRO is a leading provider of commercial deep cleaning services. We offer a wide range of services to help businesses of all sizes keep their facilities clean, safe, and healthy.
Our commercial deep cleaning services include:
- Office cleaning: We can deep clean your office from top to bottom, including floors, walls, ceilings, furniture, and equipment.
- Warehouse cleaning: We can deep clean your warehouse, including floors, walls, ceilings, equipment, and inventory.
- Retail store cleaning: We can deep clean your retail store, including floors, walls, ceilings, displays, and merchandise.
- Restaurant cleaning: We can deep clean your restaurant, including floors, walls, ceilings, equipment, and foodservice areas.
- Hospitality cleaning: We can deep clean your hotel, motel, or other hospitality facility, including floors, walls, ceilings, guest rooms, and public areas.
We also offer a variety of other commercial deep cleaning services, including:
- Odor removal: We can remove smoke, pet, and other odors from your facility.
- Mold remediation: We can remove mold and mildew from your facility.
- Crisis restoration: We can help you restore your facility after a fire, flood, or other disaster.
Our commercial deep cleaning services are performed by experienced and certified technicians. We use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning products to ensure that your facility is cleaned thoroughly and safely.
We are committed to providing our commercial customers with the highest quality of service. We offer free estimates and 24/7 service.
To learn more about our commercial deep cleaning services, please contact us today.
Benefits of SERVPRO Commercial Deep Cleaning Services
There are many benefits to hiring SERVPRO for your commercial deep cleaning needs. Here are just a few:
- Improved cleanliness: Our deep cleaning services will remove dirt, dust, debris, and bacteria from your facility, leaving it clean, sanitary, and safe for employees and customers.
- Increased productivity: A clean and well-maintained facility can help to improve employee morale and productivity.
- Reduced risk of accidents: A clean and organized workplace can help to reduce the risk of accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
- Increased customer satisfaction: A clean and well-maintained facility can make a positive impression on customers, which can lead to increased sales and repeat business.
If you are looking for a reliable and professional commercial deep cleaning company, SERVPRO is the perfect choice. We offer a wide range of services to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to schedule a free estimate.
How SERVPRO Can Help With Storm Damage to Commercial Buildings
If your business has been damaged by a storm, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO. We are here to help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.
Storm damage can be a major disruption to a commercial business. Not only can it cause significant property damage, but it can also lead to lost revenue and productivity.
That's where SERVPRO comes in. We are a leading provider of disaster restoration services, and we have the expertise and experience to help businesses get back up and running after a storm.
Our team of certified technicians will assess the damage to your property and develop a restoration plan that meets your specific needs. We will work quickly and efficiently to get your business back to normal, so you can focus on what's important: your customers.
Here are some of the services we offer to businesses affected by storm damage:
- Water damage restoration: We can remove water from your property and prevent mold growth.
- Mold remediation: We can remove mold and mildew from your property.
- Board-up and tarping: We can board up your property to protect it from further damage.
- Demolition: We can demolish damaged property if necessary.
- Construction: We can rebuild damaged property.
We also offer a variety of other services to help businesses recover from a storm, including:
- 24/7 emergency service: We are available 24/7 to respond to storm damage emergencies.
- Free estimates: We offer free estimates for all of our services.
- Insurance claims assistance: We can help you file an insurance claim and get the maximum settlement possible.
If your business has been damaged by a storm, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO. We are here to help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.
Here are some tips for businesses to help prevent storm damage:
- Have a disaster plan in place. This plan should include evacuation procedures, contact information for insurance companies and restoration companies, and a list of important documents that should be kept in a safe place.
- Secure loose objects. This includes things like patio furniture, garbage cans, and anything else that could be blown away by strong winds.
- Trim trees and shrubs. This will help to prevent branches from falling on your property during a storm.
- Install storm shutters or impact-resistant windows. This will help to protect your property from flying debris.
- Have your roof inspected regularly. This will help to identify any potential problems that could lead to leaks during a storm.
By following these tips, you can help to protect your business from storm damage.
SERVPRO Partners With The University of Florida
SERVPRO Partners With The University of Florida
SERVPRO proudly announces its continued partnership with Florida Gators athletics for the 2023-24 athletic season. This new agreement marks a significant milestone in SERVPRO's commitment to supporting collegiate sports and the Florida Gators' commitment to providing successful and memorable experiences for their fans.
Through this agreement, SERVPRO and its franchises will continue to provide a wide range of services, such as on-site cleaning, restoration, and management solutions for all of the Gators' athletic venues. The company will also provide additional support through marketing initiatives and sponsorships. This relationship is a testament to both parties' dedication to delivering excellent service and creating memorable experiences for everyone involved.
What Is The Fastest Way To Get Flood Damage Out Of My Sanford Home?
Flood damage is worse than an interior water intrusion since the water comes in due to a storm.
How SERVPRO Restores Your Home to A Clean, Dry State.
Flood damage is worse than an interior water intrusion since the water comes in due to a storm. That means it brings in small amounts of nearly everything it flows over, which means SERVPRO Water Restoration Teams also deal with the odors, stains, and other problems of soil, lawn fertilizers, trash from the street, and other debris.
How Can You Stop the Damage in My Home?
Our first step with any water is to remove all of the floodwaters from your home. The difference with floodwater is that our technicians pump it directly into the nearest sewer access point or a holding tank for disposal at a water treatment facility.
Next, team members spray all exposed surfaces with an anti-bacterial agent to eliminate possible threats and reduce the chance of mold expanding through your home. Technicians then use sponges and cloths to wipe down every item in your home, thoroughly drying them to prevent additional damage such as drywall staining and stopping the veneer and other finishes from forming bubbles due to absorbing too much water.
What About Property Too Damaged for Restoration?
Since we cannot guarantee the safety of any carpet that was underwater, we immediately remove them from your home after drawing out trapped water with extraction devices to make disposal easier. SERVPRO specialists next clean the floor underneath and dry it using fans and air movers to increase evaporation. Our team members can also perform many construction tasks needed to return your home to its original condition such as reframing and installing new drywall.
To begin restoring your home here or in Sanford, call SERVPRO of North Seminole at (407) 323-2422 today.
How To Detect Mold in Commercial Buildings
If you suspect invisible mold growth in your place of business, seek professional mold testing.
Mold Detection in Commercial Buildings
Mold infestation is a hassle for businesses, especially in humid regions. Even in dry areas, trapped moisture from leaking pipes, water seepage through roofs and exterior walls, and water vapor from appliances can create a breeding ground for mold. While unsightly mold growth may be easy to spot, the signs of a troublesome mold infestation are not always so obvious. In these cases, business owners need a qualified indoor environmental specialist to quickly diagnose the problem.
Understanding the Risk
While invisible mold may be difficult to detect, there are signs and risk factors to keep in mind. These include the following:
- Previous or existing water damage
- Previous mold infestation
- Inadequate ventilation
- Air that smells musty
Undetected mold can create havoc in a commercial building, so if you have any of these signs or risk factors, hire an indoor environmental specialist as soon as possible. It is especially important to find someone who has the training and expertise to conduct an accurate mold test. Accurate testing allows quick identification and isolation of the mold, making it easier to get the infestation under control.
Taking the Next Steps
By testing the air and various surfaces within your commercial building, an indoor environmental specialist can assess not only the presence of mold but its source. The next steps include containing the mold, addressing water leaks and moisture buildup, and safely removing the mold itself. While it is not possible to eliminate mold spores completely, the remediation process keeps nuisance mold from growing out of control. You can rest assured that the indoor air quality of your business will be satisfactory for customers and employees alike.
If you suspect invisible mold growth in your place of business, seek professional mold testing. Gain peace of mind knowing that a highly skilled professional will make your commercial building a pleasant place to do business.
What Are The Landlords Responsibilities After a Fire?
After an apartment fire, you need to take the proper steps to ensure that everyone, including yourself, is safe.
Steps To Take After An Apartment Fire
When a fire breaks out on a rental property, it can be hard to figure out who has to pay for the damages. Whether you rent out commercial or living space, the liability after a fire is pretty straightforward. Your tenants have to cover the damages done to their personal belongings, such as televisions, furniture, and paintings. However, you are responsible for most damages done to the building itself. As a building owner, you may be responsible for the following tasks after an apartment fire:
• Communicating With Fire Fighters: These first responders can help you assess the safety of your building. You and your tenants will likely want to enter the apartments to get an idea of the damage done. However, you cannot enter the building until it is deemed safe.
• Starting Claims Process: You have to get in touch with your insurance provider to report the apartment fire. Your agent may give you a list of fire restoration professionals that they prefer you use. You may also want to make sure your renter calls his or her insurance provider to start the claims process for personal belongings.
• Documenting Fire Damage: You need to take pictures of the structure, make lists of damaged appliances and record other furnishings you owned that were damaged.
• Securing the Property: You need to secure the property for two reasons. First, you need to protect the safety of those who may want to enter the building, such as your renters. Putting up warning signs may be enough to keep people out until it is safe to enter. Second, you need to keep vandals and thieves out. You may need to board up windows and put up a security fence.
After an apartment fire, you need to take the proper steps to ensure that everyone, including yourself, is safe and fully aware of the damage liabilities. While you aren't responsible for all of the damages, you do have a lot of financial responsibility.
What Should You Immediately Investigate in Your Home After a Storm?
You want to be sure that everything is okay, and that no potential hazards are lurking.
It's always a good idea to do a walk-through of your home after a storm, even if there wasn't damage done. You want to be sure that everything is okay, and that no potential hazards are lurking. Many homeowners make the mistake of assuming that because they didn't see any damage, there must not be any.
Here are five things you and your storm damage restoration company should investigate.
When water gets in, mold is often not far behind. If you see any signs of mold growth, take immediate action to clean it up and dry out the area. Mold can start growing within 24 to 48 hours of a water leak, so if you see any mold growth, it's important to have it remediated as soon as possible. Mold growth can linger long after the storm is over, so it's important to stay on top of it.
Hidden Moisture Damage
Just because you can't see any water doesn't mean your home is in the clear. There could be hidden moisture damage that you're not aware of. Use a moisture meter to check for hidden moisture in walls, ceilings, and floors. If you find any hidden moisture, it's important to dry it out as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Therefore, it is important to contact storm damage cleanup services right away to help identify any potential problems. They have the equipment and experience to check any hidden moisture damage and properly dry it out.
Is your foundation cracked? Are your walls bowed? These are just some of the things you'll want to check for when investigating the structural integrity of your home. If there is any damage to your home's structure, it's important to have it repaired as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more expensive it will be to repair the damage.
If you see any sign of structural damage, have it assessed by a professional to determine if there is any risk of collapse? Your home's structural integrity is important, and you don't want to take any chances.
High winds can do a lot of damage to your home, so be sure to check for any wind damage. Look for damaged shingles, loose gutters, and cracked windows. If you see any sign of wind damage, have it repaired as soon as possible? You don't want loose shingles or gutters to fall off during the next storm.
Finally, be sure to check for any electrical damage. If you see any exposed wires or damaged outlets, have them repaired or replaced by a qualified electrician. Never try to repair electrical damage yourself. It's important to be safe and have any electrical damage repaired by a professional.
These are just five things you should investigate after a storm. Be sure to contact your local storm damage restoration company for help with assessing and repairing the damage done to your home. Storm damage cleanup services will have the experience and equipment needed to get your home back to normal.
Avoid These Major Mistakes During a Storm Damage Restoration
The aftermath of a storm can be overwhelming, but with the right preparation and restoration company on your side.
Storms are nature’s way of reminding us that living in Florida can be unpredictable. When a storm hits and takes its toll, you might have a lot of work to do. Debris removal, water damage restoration, and mold remediation are all on your list. However, there are some major mistakes that you should avoid at all costs during this stressful time.
Not hiring the right contractor for the job.
No two storm restoration companies are the same, so it’s important to research before hiring a professional. You should research the company’s experience level with storm damage and other types of property damage. Before you hire a contractor, ask them how long they’ve been in business and how many storms they’ve worked on in the past several years.
With all the destruction caused by the storm, you might be tempted to cut corners when it comes to restoration work. However, this is a bad idea for many reasons. Shortcuts could lead to further problems in the future. If you don’t fix your roof or foundation now, it will be much worse for you later. Secondly, shortcuts are going to cost you more money in the long run as well. If you don’t get the job done right from the beginning and need to call for professional help later when the rain starts leaking again or if your foundation cracks even more. There will be considerably more expensive repairs required than if you had done everything correctly in the first place.
Not getting the whole house involved.
Typically, the process of storm damage restoration begins by removing debris from the exterior of the home. However, if you want to make sure that your property is completely restored and there are no hidden damages to discover later, it’s important to involve the whole house in the process. You should hire a contractor who provides total storm damage cleanup services so that all your needs are met during this stressful time.
Not knowing your timeline.
One of the most important aspects of storm damage restoration is knowing your timeline. Your contractor will need to know how quickly you want the damage repaired. If you're looking for quick restoration and can't wait a week, then you might want to hire a company that offers 24-hour service. They can repair all damage as soon as possible, allowing you to return home as soon as possible.
Not preparing for a storm in the future.
If your home has sustained significant damages during a storm, it is important to prepare yourself and your property for another potential visit from Mother Nature.
The aftermath of a storm can be overwhelming, but with the right preparation and restoration company on your side, you will be back in your home before you know it. If your home has suffered storm damage, it is important to contact storm damage cleanup services as soon as possible. By avoiding these major mistakes, you can ensure that your restoration process goes as smoothly as possible.
5 Tips for Cleaning Up After a Windstorm
It is important to have everything checked out by professional storm damage cleanup services as soon as possible.
When a windstorm hits, it can cause a lot of damage. Oftentimes, cleaning up after one can be a more daunting task. Here are five tips to help make the storm damage restoration process after a windstorm a lot easier.
Pick up any debris that has been blown around your yard or property.
This includes broken branches, leaves, and other objects. It’s important to remove any large or sharp items that could be dangerous.
If you have children or pets, it is a good idea to make sure they aren’t walking around the yard while you are cleaning up after the storm, so they don’t get hurt by anything lying on the ground. According to the National Safety Council, high winds or thunderstorm windows have caused 429 injuries in 2020 in the United States.
Check your roof for anything unusual.
Look at the chimney, gutters, and other areas where there might be roof leaks or shingle loss. If you notice anything unusual about them after a storm passes through your area, call a professional right away so they can come out and fix it before more problems develop with your home’s structure.
Look at windows and doors to see if there are any cracks or splinters in them.
This can be caused by flying debris during high winds, so you must check all these areas carefully before entering the house again after a storm has passed through your area. If you find any damage, make sure to cover the opening with plywood until it can be repaired.
Remove any wet or damaged insulation from your attic.
You might think that a windstorm would not be enough to cause any water damage, but that is not always the case. If there is even a small amount of moisture trapped in the insulation, it can quickly lead to mold and mildew growth. Moreover, strong winds could topple down attic insulation, so it is best to remove any wet or damaged insulation as soon as possible. Contact storm damage cleanup services right away if there is a lot of damage to your home so they can help you get started on the restoration process.
Disinfect any areas of your house that may have been contaminated.
This could include walls, floors, carpeting, and any other materials that were affected during the windstorm. You should also clean up after a storm if there was damage done to electrical outlets or appliances such as refrigerators because these items can be dangerous when they are wet. You should always make sure that the power is turned off before doing any cleanup work in your home as well.
Windstorms can often cause a lot of hidden damage, so it is important to have everything checked out by professional storm damage cleanup services as soon as possible. These are just a few of the things you should do after a windstorm hits your area. By following these tips, you can make the cleanup process a little bit easier and safer. For reliable storm damage restoration, make sure to find a reputable and reliable company to help you get your home back to normal.